Getting Started To Quit Smoking Forever – How To Prepare For Success!
Quitting smoking is not as much an event, as it is a process.
It’s a long and hard process at times.
You need to take it one day at a time.
Every day, you need to decide not to smoke today.
Each day you don’t smoke is one step to your goal to be smoke-free.
Before you decide to quit smoking, you should prepare yourself for a long process.
There are few ways to do just that.
- Determine the day when you will stop and mark it on the calendar. Most people draw a circle. It’s important to give yourself some time.
- Most people start on a Monday. People, who quit smoking, will want to have a routine; so they can occupy their time with work.
- You can do some research about different quitting smoking options. About 80% of smokers who quit do so without being in a program. Sadly, 95% of these self-reliant quitters will fail and go back to smoking within 12 months.
- Nicotine Anonymous. It’s a 12-step program that is beneficial and the meetings are free. You can either search online or check your local phonebook. There’s a local chapter near you.
- The gum.
- The patch.
- Vaping – although vaping is not completely healthy, it is better than smoking. You could take a look at these MigVapor vaporizer products for sale. You should consider vaping if you are struggling to quit completely on smoking.
- You need to determine what’s best for you.
- Tell your family and friends that you’re going to quit smoking. Hopefully, they will be supportive for you.
You need to remember that it’s hard to break a habit. You’ve smoked for many years, so it’s not going to be easy. There are many obstacles that you will have to endure before you succeed.
- Fear of failure.
- Each year, millions of people will try to quit smoking. Sadly, less than 10% will succeed on their first try.
- Concerns about weight gain
- Most studies have shown: over a two-year period after quitting, successful quitters gain an average of five pounds.
- Smokers often smoke instead of eating therefore consuming less food.
- We think people who want to give up smoking should try using CBD oil from neotericnutra.com as it can allow a person to feel some sort of small high as oppose to smoking smoking.
- However, giving up smoking is more beneficial and you can always lose those extra pounds with a diet plan.
- Concerns about stress.
- Studies suggest nicotine is actually helpful in improving moods and decreasing negative feelings.
- However, it’s not sure why that is
- Concerns about nicotine withdrawal.
- There will be hard cravings after you quit smoking.
- You may also be irritable, anxious, depressed or angry.
- These withdrawal symptoms don’t last too long. Most diminish within two week. That’s why some people try vaping instead to help with their cravings. If this is something that interests you then you could take a look at something like these coupon codes to help you save some money and start vaping instead.
- Concerns about your age.
- You may think you’re too old to quit.
- However, quitting smoking reduces chances of heart disease and stroke.
After you finally decide you want to quit smoking, you need to remember that it’s going to be difficult for a few days or weeks. There’s no magic pill you can swallow. You need to do the footwork. It is going to take some courage, resolve and more importantly the willpower to quit smoking.
You shouldn’t ask yourself if this program works for you. Instead, ask yourself are you willing to do the work? Most importantly, tell yourself that you can do it! And you will.